A New Approach to Nonprofit Accounting
“At CAAL right now, we have a lot of programming and strategy expertise, but we don’t have the back-office and financial systems yet in place. Propel is able to provide us with that expertise that we needed: to not just have the accounting services, but to have someone there as we grow and develop strategies, someone with the financial strategizing support to help build up our internal systems for due diligence of financials.” – Bo Thao-Urabe, Director, CAAL
In addition to solid bookkeeping, accounting, and financial reporting, you can expect to receive education and technical assistance from other Propel Nonprofits staff to educate your nonprofit’s staff and board in financial management, use of capital, board development, and strategy.
Our services provide nonprofit leaders, board treasurers, and board members with the management information required to make good decisions and satisfy the requirements of funders and government regulators – along with peace of mind knowing that your financial information is up-to-date and accurate. Think of us as your accountant on retainer…or that wonky nonprofit friend you can call with finance and strategy questions big or small.
The new pilot approach provides the following ongoing services:
- Ongoing scheduled accounting and bookkeeping, including accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Compiling of monthly income statements, balance sheets, dashboards, cash flow analysis and other financial statements
- Tracking and reporting for restricted grants
- Regularly scheduled review and explanation of financial reports and statements with management and board
Pricing will be set at a flat monthly rate, depending on the scope of the work, the size and complexity of your organization, the volume of transactions processed each month, and other factors.
Additional Services for Ongoing Clients
Note: We are no longer providing these services individually, but rather, as part of an ongoing accounting contract.
- Audit preparation
- 1099 preparation
- Annual regulatory reporting (IRS 990 and State of Minnesota reports)
- Development of customized financial policies and procedures, including internal controls
While we don’t currently have capacity for additional new clients, contact Mary Ann Ehlshlager at email@example.com if you have questions related to Propel Nonprofits’ accounting services.