Coffee House Press is one of the premiere literary nonprofit publishers in the country. Founded in 1984 by Allan Kornblum, it publishes fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction, and is known for its risk-taking aesthetic, its commitment to diversity and equity, and its community spirit. Recent award-winning authors include Kao Kalia Yang, Hernan Diaz, Valeria Luiselli, Bao Phi, and Justin Phillip Reed.
- Growth of individual giving program
- Capital campaign
- Transforming business models
- Financial expertise
- Board leadership
Annual budget: $1.2 million – Earned Income, Government Grants or Contracts
Coffee House Press is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Management and Leadership
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
In addition to skills and the ability to contribute financially, we are looking to add more people of color to our board, and people under 40. We are open to people being in a different city.
- Number of members currently: 20
- Meeting time and frequency: 4 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Minneapolis
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes