Founded in 2013, ComMUSICation teaches skills for success through music-making to youth from Saint Paul’s Frogtown, East Side and North End neighborhoods.
Our high-quality and intensive music programs help close the achievement gap and engage youth and families across schools and cultures. We believe every young person, regardless of background, deserves the opportunity to be in a safe and caring environment where they are free to express themselves, can define their future, and change the world.
Annual Budget: $200,000 – Foundations, Individuals, Government grants or contracts
ComMUSICation is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Board Governance
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Communications
We are entering year 5. You do not need any musical expertise to be a part of our team. Only passion for using music as a vehicle for social change.
- Number of members currently: 8
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes