Dakota Child and Family Clinic (DCFC) is located in Dakota County. It is the first nurse practitioner owned and operated primary care clinic in the upper Midwest. The clinic operates under the philosophy that every person has the right to high quality, patient-centered care, regardless of their ability to pay. The clinic began as Eagan Child and Family Care and in 2012 moved to Burnsville and achieved nonprofit status to better serve the needs of the community with the support of a Board of Directors.
We are currently evaluating how to balance capacity and growth. Strategic planning as to how best to serve the needs of the entire community is a priority, with particular attention to those who are un/underinsured. We are looking to expand services beyond primary care and are identifying the best partners/approach.
Annual budget: $725,000 – Earned Income, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Dakota Child and Family Clinic is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Board Governance
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 6
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Southern Suburbs
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes