Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing economic and health equity for youth ages 11–24. We do this work through a comprehensive approach that includes housing, mental health, medical, youth justice, education & employment, and community services. We take a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach to our work and center the needs of young people impacted by racism and other forms of oppression and marginalization. Founded in 1972, Face to Face serves more than 3,000 youth annually.
Our current strategic goals include:
- Growing and Diversifying Revenue
- Achieving Excellence in Core Program
- Building Operational Capacity
- Evolving a Youth Centered Culture
- Advancing Justice through System Change
Annual budget: $4.45 million
Face to Face is seeking board candidates with interest in their mission and aligned with the reproductive health values of the organization.
- Board Governance
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Management & Leadership
- Marketing & Communications
- Strategic & Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 17
- Meeting time and frequency: 10 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 4 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes