FamilyWise first became a presence in the Twin Cities in the 1970s. We were a small group of dedicated women providing support to mothers balancing prison with parenting. Over the decades, we’ve evolved. Today, FamilyWise is a comprehensive, family service agency that provides parent education, wraparound for youth, supervised visitation and childcare. Despite our growth – the expansion of who we serve, how we meet their needs, what systems they’re involved in or barriers they’re experiencing – our focus has remained the same. We’re here in the Twin Cities to ensure that children are in a community where they’re thriving.
- Parent interactions maintain safety and well-being
- Families are connected to community resources
- Families reach self-efficacy, children are meeting development milestones
- Children are living in a community setting rather than in an institution
Annual budget: $2.9M – Foundations, Government grants or contracts, Program service fees
FamilyWise is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
Board members with self-identified diversity and a desire to give voice to youth/parents are the most needed qualities for new members.
- Number of members currently: 11
- Meeting time and frequency: 7 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Minneapolis
- Time Expectation: Up to 8 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes