Foci MCGA has been a public access glass medium center with the mission to Gather People to Explore the Creative Potential of Glass for the last 11 years. We serve the needs of regional artists working with the glass medium and connect the larger Minnesota community to the vibrant dialogue happening in the glass art medium. Ensuring that artists in Minnesota continue to have access to the expensive equipment and specialized knowledge needed to create glass art remains a priority. Our facility helps to break down the financial and accompanying social barriers that many emerging glass artists experience. By sharing costs and creating a safe, inclusive, and engaging environment, emerging artists of all backgrounds can flourish and be valued members of our community. One of the programs we offer to our community is our Gallery program. This program has two goals. The first is aimed to emerging artists to help them gain experience with exhibitions and sales while building their studio practice while earning the income they need to survive. The second is to provide diverse and thought provoking exhibitions, free of charge, in order to contribute to the Twin Cities vibrant culture.
- Grow our community of dedicated makers
- 2. Intentionally invite and welcome newcomers.
- Be known as a state of the art facility for ambitious creation.
- Strengthen our supportive relationships and leverage new opportunities.
Annual Budget: $570,000 – Earned Income, Government Grants or Contracts
Foci Minnesota Center for Glass Arts is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Marketing and Communications
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 9
- Meeting time and frequency: 7 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Minneapolis
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Committees include: Executive, Governance, Other
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes