Forecast Public Art fosters dynamic, inclusive and resilient communities through public art, community-engaged design and transformative placemaking. We improve our collective life through a unique combination of responsive consulting services, support for public artists, and abundant resources on current issues and trends. Forecast is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Forecast Public Art was one of the country’s first nonprofit organizations dedicated to advancing the field of public art. Today, we remain at the forefront of public art practices, connecting the energies and talents of artists with the needs and opportunities of communities to improve our collective lives. Public art plays a crucial role in shaping culturally vibrant and sustainable communities. Public art offers opportunities for community collaboration, for ideas to shape our environment and to influence change.
- Artists must be at the table to envision, build and steward the invisible and physical world around us, and to foster wider engagement and participation.
- Collaboration—across sectors, disciplines, and professions and with a diversity of invested community members—is an essential ingredient in successful process and projects.
- Inclusion invites full expression of the people in a community and honors ideas, leadership and work already underway.
- Innovation promotes a sustainable organization and helps disrupt patterns that impede social cohesion and equitable economic growth.
- All people have the right to gather, share, celebrate, protest, and enjoy our shared public spaces.
Annual budget: $1,011,000 – Earned Income, Foundations, Government Grants or Contracts
Forecast Public Art is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 7
- Meeting time and frequency: 4 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes