Franconia Sculpture Park is the pre-eminent, artist-centered sculpture park in the Midwest. Founded in 1996, Franconia’s mission is to foster an inclusive community to create and contemplate contemporary art inspired by nature and our ever-evolving world. Located in the scenic St. Croix River Valley of Minnesota, Franconia operates a 50-acre outdoor museum, active artist residency program, and an impressive schedule of more than 60 public programs each year serving a growing audience of over 180,000 annual visitors.
- Become a model for nurturing the connection between ecology, land stewardship, and the arts
- Support contemporary artists in the creative process through many career phases
- Inspire personal creativity and learning for youth
- Engage with the community through public programs and events
- Strengthen organizational capacity and professionalism
Annual budget: $746,484
Franconia Sculpture Park is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Facilities and Real Estate
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
Franconia Sculpture Park is at an exciting time in its development. Celebrating our 25th Anniversary in 2021, Franconia has a new Executive Director/Curator, a recently completed building project, and is launching a large multi-state land art biennial in collaboration with nearly 20 peer organizations. As we continue to grow, we are looking to add new board members that are passionate about contemporary art, sculpture, environmental issues, and the role that art and ecology can play in our daily lives.
- Number of members currently: 13
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Wednesdays at 4:30pm CST via Zoom
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes