Franconia Sculpture Park is the pre-eminent, artist-centered sculpture park in the Midwest. Founded in 1996, Franconia provides physically and intellectually wide-open spaces that inspire new ways of thinking through access to contemporary sculpture, installation and land art. Located in the scenic St. Croix River Valley, Franconia operates a 43-acre outdoor museum, active artist residency program, and a depth and breadth of arts programming for a diverse and engaged public.
Franconia applies creative solutions to the problems of today and tomorrow through the vehicle of contemporary sculpture. We create bold programming that is ambitious, innovative, and that is responsive to the wants and needs of artists and our community. Moreover, Franconia aims to create a welcoming, inviting space for all visitors to learn more about art, the environment, and the changing world we live in.
Annual budget: $726,929 – Foundations, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Franconia Sculpture Park is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Facilities and Real Estate
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
Franconia Sculpture Park is at an exciting time in its development. With a new Executive Director/Chief Curator in place and a new building project about to launch on the eve of its 25th Anniversary, Franconia is looking to add new board members that are passionate about contemporary art and sculpture and the role that art can play in our daily lives.
- Number of members currently: 11
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Saint Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes