About Gender Justice
Gender Justice is a nonprofit legal and policy advocacy organization devoted to addressing the causes and consequences of gender inequality, both locally and nationally in the areas of impact and strategic litigation, policy advocacy, and public education and training.
In each program area, we address cognitive bias – the subtle but pervasive ways that stereotypes affect our perceptions, decisions, and preferences – as a root cause of inequality. We counteract the most harmful consequences of inequality by dismantling the gender-based barriers that prevent full participation in our economy and our society.
While we believe gender inequality hurts everyone, we focus on the needs of individuals, such as low-income and immigrant workers, who have traditionally had the least access to justice.
Annual budget: $925,000- Earned Income, Foundations, Individual Contributions
Gender Justice is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Number of members currently: 10
- Meeting time and frequency: 8 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes