The Twin Cities Women’s Choir (TCWC), founded in 1997, is a 150-voice women’s choral group. Originally funded and sponsored by the Phillips YWCA in Minneapolis, its members represent a diversity of age, income, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, abilities, religion, musical skill and experience, and location of residence within the Twin Cities area. The TCWC employs two part-time artistic staff members (artistic director, accompanist), a part-time concert producer and a part-time executive director. All members of the Choir are volunteers, as are the members of the Board of Directors.
The Twin Cities Women’s Choir began rehearsals in September 1997, with approximately 20 singers. Since that time, the TCWC has grown to over 150 members, recruited through flyers, advertisements and announcements in women’s publications and by word of mouth. In 1998, a Board of Directors was formed, and the Choir received 501(c)(3) status. The Choir rehearses once per week for two hours.
- Expand Twin Cities Girls’ Choir as a program of Her Voice Productions
- Achieve better financial stability
- Enhance internal and external communications
Annual budget: $230,000 – Foundations, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Twin Cities Women’s and Girls’ Choirs are seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 13
- Meeting time and frequency: 11 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Minneapolis
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes