Our studio was founded by Malik Turley in 2010, with a focus on Bellydancing, Zumba, and Fitness. We have since expanded to offer a broad variety of classes, workshops and community events.
The more Malik has worked with women, the more fully she has witnessed the impact of body image on self-esteem–how a woman’s self-worth was often tied to her body. She decided to reinforce the physical and emotional benefits of strength vs the common focus on appearance. Hip Circle honors your inherent power and worth as a woman. You’ll experience this through our guiding philosophy, and through a diversity of dance and fitness classes, workshops, and events—all led from a place of acceptance and celebration of a woman’s uniqueness and strength.
Annual Budget: $100,000 – Earned Income, Individual Contirbutions
Hip Circle is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Strategic Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 6
- Number of members needed: 5
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Virtual
- Time Expectation: Up to 10 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Current Committees: Fundraising, Other
- Length of Term: 1 Years
- Renewable: Yes, for up to two additional terms
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes