Hold Your Horses provides therapy with the help of a horse moving lives forward from trauma and disability. We opened our doors in 2006 providing occupational therapy services at a farm for 6 children. Today we own a farm in Greenfield, Minnesota serving hundreds of children and young adults with therapy services that partner with the horse and wellness events for professionals and caregivers.
Board development, strategic planning for operational development, sustainable revenue, and charitable fundraising.
Annual budget: $230,000 – Earned Income, Foundations, Individual Contributions
Hold Your Horses is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Board Governance
- Facilities and Real Estate
- Strategic and Business Planning
Interest in horses, farm properties, children with disabilities or mental health work with trauma survivors would help to make this a good fit. This is a working board and our organization is resilient with a lot of heart. We need a few more good board members to help us create our road map into the future.
- Number of members currently: 6
- Meeting time and frequency: 6-8 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Western Suburbs
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes