Listening House is St. Paul’s day shelter that provides comfort, security, basic needs, and practical resources for Minnesotans in deep poverty to manage their everyday lives and bridge out of homelessness. With a listening ear and radical hospitality that gives people purpose and a daily destination, Listening House is a connection hub and lifeline for 100+ Minnesotans daily providing 45,000 visits per year.
- Complete construction on acquired site.
- Transition to new/permanent location.
- Increase operating dollars to increase service hours to 12 hours a day/6 days per week.
Annual Budget: $1,687,200 – Foundations, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Listening House of St. Paul is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 10
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: No
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Committees: Executive, Other
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes