MAVA was founded in 2001. It unites members, conducts research to build capacity, and provides a respected voice for volunteerism. It is nationally recognized for innovation. MAVA is Minnesota’s only statewide, multi-sector alliance of leaders of volunteers. MAVA brings leaders of volunteers together to connect, learn and lead. Its focus over the next few years is to increase its rate of growth by increasing the breadth of its service offerings and expanding its presence outside of the metro area.
Annual Budget: $551,275 – Membership fees, contract services, programs, conference fees and products; Federal and State; Foundations
MAVA is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Marketing & Communications
- Number of members currently: 13
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 10 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes