For over 50 years, MITY has attracted bright students in grades one through twelve from throughout the Twin Cities and around the world, inviting them to embrace their intellectual curiosity in a stimulating environment.
MITY offers unique STEM, Humanities, and Fine Arts courses in three exciting academic programs, each taught by master teachers. Students dig into new topics, stretch their brain, develop leadership skills, and meet friends just like themselves. They are free to learn, create, and perform without the pressure of grades, often collaborating to achieve extraordinary results.
Annual budget: $450,000 – Earned Income, Foundations, Government Grants or Contracts
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Marketing & Communications
- Number of members currently: 12
- Meeting time and frequency: 4 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: No
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes