Founded in 1895, Missions Inc. Programs is a private nonprofit human services and housing organization located in Plymouth and St. Paul, MN. Missions Inc. provides services for those escaping domestic violence, seeking recovery from chemical dependency, experiencing homelessness, or in need of skilled nursing home care.
The Board of Directors oversees both Missions Inc. Programs and Mission Nursing Home, incorporated separately but governed by a shared Board.
Missions Inc. is comprised of six programs which provide medically monitored detoxification and withdrawal, safe shelter, housing, and legal advocacy, among other services. Mission Nursing Home provides long and short-term skilled nursing care to men, often those who are experiencing chemical dependency and behavioral or mental health issues.
Current strategic plan goals include:
- Increase the organization’s community footprint
- Champion a culture that values transformation, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Innovate programming, processes, and evaluation
- Identify and prioritize the resources required for a sustainable future
- Be a recognized leader in the areas of domestic violence, behavioral health, and housing
Annual budget: $6,010,410 – Foundations, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Missions Inc. is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Strategic and Business Planning
Missions Inc. Programs and Mission Farms Nursing Home are incorporated as separate legal entities. Each business unit requires a board of directors to govern and has a shared CEO and board of directors.
- Number of members currently: 12
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Western Suburbs
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes