Established in 1895, Missions Inc. Programs provides behavioral health, chemical health, and domestic violence services to people experiencing hopelessness, chemical addiction, and violence. In addition, Missions Nursing Home offers skilled nursing to men needing longer-term medical care.
We have a long history of providing services to those who are most in need. In 2018, we served approximately 3,000 individuals.
Current strategic plan goals include:
- Being an employer of choice
- Increasing community awareness and visibility of Missions Inc.
- Creating a sustainable business model
- To ensure best practices in all of our processes and procedures
- Engage in systems advocacy to influence legislation, funding and coalition activities
We are in the process of creating a new 2020-2022 strategic plan.
Annual budget: $12M – Foundations, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Missions Inc. is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Strategic and Business Planning
Missions Inc. Programs and Mission Farms Nursing Home are incorporated as separate legal entities. Each business unit requires a board of directors to govern and has a shared CEO and board of directors.
- Number of members currently: 11
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Western Suburbs
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes