Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless was founded in 1986 by employees of the Minnesota Department of Jobs and Training (now known as the Department of Employment and Economic Development).
- Plan and implement sustainable growth in funding.
- Increased visibility to the public.
- Clarify and enforce the grant process and guidance to maximize impact.
- Attract and retain board members – succession, diversity, and intentional engagement.
Annual budget: $797,000- Foundations, Individual Contributions, Workplace Giving Campaigns
Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 16
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Minneapolis
- Time Expectation: Up to 8 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes