We’ve been a trusted nonprofit organization in Minneapolis since 1976. We serve the seven-county Twin Cities metro area.
PRG transforms homes, neighborhoods and lives.
- We work at the invitation of neighborhoods and cultural groups turning vacant homes and land into beautiful, affordable places to live.
- Our experienced counselors sit down—for free—with people worried about making their mortgage payments to help avoid foreclosure.
- We teach prospective homebuyers (often the very first in their families to own homes) to make great decisions about whether, when, and how to buy a house.
Our current strategic goals include:
PRG envisions a future in which all people have equal access to homes that fit and all neighborhoods are places of opportunity. To do this, we have two primary programs: 1) bricks and mortar affordable housing development, and 2) homeownership services (pre-purchase through post-purchase). Both programs are very focused on narrowing one of the worst in the nation homeownership gap between white households and households of color. In addition to programs, PRG, as a result of a 2015 period of reflection and planning, is very committed to ensuring that our board and staff reflect the diversity of the people and places we work with. This commitment extends to our policies, practices and procedures.
Annual budget: $675,000 – Earned Income, Federal or State Contracts, Foundations
PRG is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
With recent staffing changes in accounting/financial management along with a pending term expiration of our treasurer, we could greatly benefit from someone with this expertise.
- Number of members currently: 12
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Minneapolis
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes