PRISM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 1970 by community members who were concerned about local hungry and homeless families. What started as an informal effort has since evolved into a strong, sustainable organization that is considered a leading provider of basic needs services in the northwest suburbs.
Our mission is to provide social services and connections that empower people in our community to build healthy, stable lives. Our core values of collaboration, innovation, dignity, and accountability guide our work. The continued generosity of the community enables us to meet the food, clothing, and housing needs for over 6,000 low-income children, adults, and seniors each year.
PRISM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community-supported social service organization, located in Golden Valley, that helps people access food, clothing, and housing in times of financial hardship. Additionally, PRISM provides education and assistance to utilize community services for specific needs such as domestic violence, employment, subsidized housing, senior service, health/medical/dental needs, mental health, substance abuse, and more.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Innovative, Outcome-Driven Programs
- Foster & nurture relationships
- Agency sustainability and agility
Annual budget: $2.9M – Earned Income, Foundations, Individual Contributions
PRISM is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Communications
Ideal candidates for the open Board roles will have diverse experiences and backgrounds. Although not required, previous experience in nonprofit leadership and/or governance is helpful.
- Number of members currently: 10
- Meeting time and frequency: 9-12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Western Suburbs
- Time Expectation: Up to 8 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes