Stone Soup is in its 21st year serving those in need. Households lacking resources to obtain basic needs, adequate clothing or other essential items are referred to Stone Soup by local social service agencies, and churches.
Many families and individuals lack the resources to purchase basic needs. Stone Soup provides clothing, furniture, household items, & much more for those trying to make ends meet. Those referred to us who are unable to afford the store’s low prices are provided merchandise at no cost to them. This is the major part of Stone Soup’s operations in today’s tough economy. Other services provided: free bread & rolls four days per week, and summer community produce.
We just recently developed a new strategic plan:
- 1-2-year priority: Increase the visibility of our organization
- 1-5-year priority: Develop partnerships with community, businesses, organizations, etc.
- 1-10 year priority: Move to a new building
Annual budget: $220,000 – Earned Income, Foundations, Individual Contributions
Stone Soup Thrift Store is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
We are looking for innovative thinkers that are interested in giving back to the community.
- Number of members currently: 7
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Eastern Suburbs
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes