Founded in 1986, Three Rivers Park District Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing philanthropic support to Three Rivers Park District. Located in the greater Twin Cities metro area, the Park District promotes environmental stewardship and recreational and educational opportunities throughout its 27,000-acre natural resources-based system.
The six point goals for 2016 are:
- Raise $25,000 for scholarships for park programs.
- Conduct a successful July Annual Event.
- Develop a Foundation Membership Program.
- Continuance of our annual “Give to the Max” Fund Drive.
- Planned giving.
- Major Foundation Campaign.
Annual Budget: $100,000
Sources: Donations 65%, Grants 20%, Event Proceeds 4%, Memberships 9%, Interest/Investment Income 2%
Individuals should have one or more of the following:
- Management/Leadership & Former Board Experience: Board member or organizational leadership experience
- Fundraising or fund development experience
- Event development and event recruiting experience
- Pre-existing passion for the cause
- Strong desire for stewardship to others
- Supportive and willing to express own opinion
The Three Rivers Park District Foundation Board supports the work of Three Rivers Park District through mission-based leadership, and identifying and developing funds to enhance District programs and facilities.
Number of Members: Nine
How many needed: Four to five
Meeting time and frequency: Quarterly
Meeting Location: 3000 Xenium Lane North, Plymouth, MN
Time Expectation: Four Hours per month
Financial Contribution Requirement? Yes
Committee Requirement? Yes, encouraged
Length of Term: Two Years
Questions about this board opportunity?
Recruiter: Dan Frankenfeld