Since Urban Boatbuilders was founded more than 20 years ago, the foundations of hands-on learning and skill-building have been used to create and continuously improve strong programs that help youth prepare themselves to pursue their own success in the modern world. Urban Boatbuilders inspires youth to recognize their inner strength, identify their unique capabilities, and celebrate their potential.
Our vision for 2020 and beyond:
- Urban Boatbuilders has exceptional, research-based youth empowerment programming that creates a measurable positive impact for youth to create a brighter future for our community.
- The number of youth served through each program has doubled and that 90% of Senior
- Apprentice graduates are successfully placed in an employment opportunity.
- Operational systems in fund development, communications, IT, HR, etc. are in place to deliver high-quality programs and youth outcomes and support program growth.
Annual budget: $775,000 – Foundations, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Urban Boatbuilders is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Facilities and Real Estate
- Financial Management
- Strategic and Business Planning
In concert with the skills, UBB is seeking to diversify its board membership in terms of age, race, and gender.
- Number of members currently: 9
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Saint Paul
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes