Yellow Tree Theatre (YTT or Yellow Tree) was founded in 2008 in response to a need for the arts in the Northwest Suburbs of Minneapolis. Yellow Tree was born with the goal of creating a welcoming artistic venue, with live theater as its backbone, which would also serve as a vibrant artistic hub for the community. Also, our artists are hugely important to us, and we seek to cultivate a theater company where artists are creatively challenged, artistically inspired and financially supported.
YTT has produced ten world premieres and served thousands of loyal patrons. YTT was awarded a 2016 National Theater Company Grant from the American Theater Wing and is generously supported by the McKnight Foundation and the Minnesota State Arts Board.
In the theater’s ongoing effort to increase the diversity of its operations, people of color, women and LGBTQ individuals are especially encouraged to apply.
Annual budget: $582,000 – Earned Income, Federal or State Contract, Individuals
Ideal candidates will also have one or more of the following qualities:
- Live or work in Brooklyn Center or Brooklyn Park
- Background in finance or accounting
- Background in education
- PR/Marketing experience
- Legal skills or connections
- Corporate background
- Connection to government in the NW Minneapolis suburban area
- Number of members currently: 9
- Meeting time and frequency: 4 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Northern Suburbs
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member.
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? No