Susana di Palma founded Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre in 1982. One of the few American Spanish dance companies that present both traditional flamenco programs as well as original theater flamenco works; the company is comprised of an ensemble of international artists, dancers, and musicians who are renowned for bringing the power, passion, and virtuosity of the art of flamenco to American audiences.
There are 4 strategic priorities:
- Present original contemporary flamenco theater works as well as traditional flamenco to new and existing audiences.
- Recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive, and engaged student body.
- Sustain a growing operational and financial infrastructure, including a working Board of Directors with a diverse set of skills.
- Implement a succession plan for the Artistic Director in stages that retain the creative input of Zorongo’s founder while ensuring the continued vigor and growth of the organization she founded.
Annual budget: $250,000 – Earned Income, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre and School is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
We are looking for directors who would be able to help out with accounting/finance responsibilities, strategic planning, and fundraising. However, other skills would be welcomed as well.
- Number of members currently: 9
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Minneapolis
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: Yes, at a level meaningful to the board member
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes