Why apply for the Financial Leadership Cohort?
Through cohort sessions, you will become more knowledgeable, confident, and savvy about nonprofit finance. We’ll target results for your organization’s needs and help develop a culture of financial understanding at your nonprofit – and within the sector. You’ll gain:
- Confidence in your ability as a financial leader
- Increased knowledge of nonprofit financial management concepts
- Progress on self-identified outcomes
- Improvement in your organization’s financial position
What you’ll receive:
- 6 monthly half-day learning sessions on topics including understanding business models, communicating financial information, and building relationships with staff and board around finance
- Support and guidance to develop financial management tools (dashboard report, cash flow, action plan)
- Free registration to the 2019 Nonprofit Finance & Sustainability Conference
- A peer network for support and sharing
- One-on-one coaching with Propel Nonprofits’ finance experts
Eligibility & Cost
The ideal candidate is:
- In the role of managing your organization’s finances without a formal finance background
- From a nonprofit organization with a budget size between $500,000 and $3,000,000
- Eager to grow professionally and use new tools to bring a positive change to your nonprofit and the sector
Eligibility & Cost
The cohort will be selected to reflect the diversity of Minnesota’s nonprofit organizations which could include different sectors, focus areas, populations served, and budget sizes. Participants will be selected to complement each other and create a dynamic peer learning group. Priority will be given to applicants who are available to attend the six scheduled half-day training sessions, and the Finance & Sustainability Conference on April 11, 2019.
- Cohort is limited to 12 participants
- Cost: $350 to be invoiced after your selection
Dates & Deadlines
- Applications due February 15, 2019 – Applications are now closed.
- Selected applicants will be notified by February 25
- Initial cohort session and lunch: Friday, March 22, 8:30 am-1 pm
- Finance & Sustainability Conference: Thursday, April 11
- Training sessions 2-6 dates: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm on May 10, June 14, July 12, August 9, September 20
Contact Sara Wessling, Training Manager at email@example.com or 612.249.6675.
“The cohort exceeded my expectations. A lot of time you feel lonely in the work you do as an ED of a nonprofit because everyone is moving quickly to get stuff done while wearing many hats. This leadership cohort gave me both financial skills and helped me build my confidence on a strategic level. It also gave me new relationships.” – Mary Uran, Girls on the Run
“I knew it would be valuable, but the ways it was valuable was more than I expected. I came away with a much clearer sense of how to look at financial leadership in our organization, which areas we were going well in, and which we needed to give attention. Going in, I was overwhelmed. The combination of training plus examples from others in the room really gave me a sense of where we were at, which helped me to prioritize where we wanted to focus resources.” – Stephanie Thompson, Ten Thousand Things Theater