Loan Types and Typical Ranges
Loans to support program and operational stability or program expansion or reimbursements. Typical range: $20,000 to $600,000
Lines of credit
Flexible financing to manage cyclical cash flow, such as to bridge the timing gap for receipt of a committed grant or contract. Typical range: $20,000 to $600,000
Short-term facility projects
Facility loans used for building improvements, repairs, equipment purchases, or to bridge to a capital campaign. Typical range: $50,000 to $1 million
Long-term facility mortgage
Flexible mortgages for building purchases, renovations, or construction for up to 15 years. Typical range: $50,000 to $1 million
Loan Eligibility and Terms
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Minnesota and the adjacent states of Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota, are eligible to apply.
- We require an operating history, and do not lend to start-up organizations.
- Loans are available to nonprofits in all field of service including health care, community development, housing, charter schools and other educational organizations, social service agencies, environmental, and arts organizations.
Loans are available for periods of a few months to 15 years, and longer amortizations are available. Loan structure, interest rates, collateral, and payment plans are customized to fit the organization’s business model, cash flow, and project plans.
Arts & Culture
“Propel Nonprofits is a great resource for everything because it gets the big picture. I would recommend it for sure because of the depth and breadth of its knowledge.”
Executive Director of Laura Jeffrey Academy
We have developed extensive expertise in lending to nonprofit organizations in the fields of arts and culture and charter schools.
- Learn more about our partnerships with arts and culture organizations and about our Equity Builder program.
- See an example of how we have worked with Minnesota charter schools