The Nonprofit Infrastructure Grant Program (NIGP) is aimed at supporting the missions of small, culturally led organizations by supporting the strengthening of their infrastructure. Increasing the capacity of small organizations which focus on historically underserved cultural communities helps position them for greater impact in their community. The Nonprofit Infrastructure Grant Program will provide grants to small Minnesota nonprofits and provide ongoing technical assistance in the area of financial administration.
Propel Nonprofits (formerly Nonprofits Assistance Fund and MAP for Nonprofits) fuels the impact and effectiveness of nonprofits with guidance, expertise, and capital. We provide loans, technical assistance, financial education, fiscal sponsorship, and strategy and governance services. Our vision is a diverse network of mission-driven nonprofits building a healthy, vibrant, and more just community. We provide leadership in the nonprofit sector, with research and resources on issues and topics that impact the sustainability and effectiveness of nonprofit organizations.
Propel Nonprofits is seeking to fund 15-20 proposals that lead to meaningful improvement in an organization’s infrastructure. We anticipate making between 15-20 grants of up to $60,000 each for a grant period of up to 18 months. Grantees will be required to receive post-award technical assistance in financial administration and will be asked to share lessons learned through six-month reports and 1 grantee convening.
- RFP announced: October 17, 2017
- Community RFP informational webinar: Tuesday,October 24, 2017 & Thursday October 26, 2017. Recording of Tuesday’s webinar.
- Application Assistance Day: November 10, 2017
- Staff will be available to provide some technical assistance with your application. You can schedule an appointment between 9 am-5 pm to discuss your infrastructure project proposal and get feedback. Contact Sarah by November 9 if you’d like to schedule a technical assistance session.
- Proposals due: November 17, 2017 at 5pm
- Follow-up all scheduled and conducted: November 17 – December 8, 2017
- Awards announced: Week of December 18, 2017
- Grant periods begin: January 1, 2018
The application period is now closed. Thanks to all who applied.
Strategic Services Director
Fiscal Sponsorship Associate
The Nonprofit Infrastructure Grant Program is made possible with funding from the Minnesota State Legislature and is administered in partnership with Minnesota’s Department of Employment and Economic Development.