Minneapolis, Minn., January 25, 2018 – Propel Nonprofits, in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, has awarded $900,000 to 21 culturally led nonprofit organizations for infrastructure funding. The intent of these grants is to support the missions of small, culturally led organizations by strengthening their internal operations.
“We believe that increasing the capacity of small organizations which work with historically underserved cultural communities helps position them for greater impact in their community,” said Mario Hernandez, Strategic Services Director for Propel Nonprofits.
“You can’t carry out your mission if you don’t invest in core mission support – efficient technology, administration, and financial systems; staff development; new collaborations; and other internal supports,” said Kate Barr, President & CEO of Propel Nonprofits. There was a strong demand for this pilot funding round from across the state.
In addition to grant funding, awarded organizations will also receive ongoing technical assistance from Propel Nonprofits regarding financial administration.
Nonprofit Infrastructure Grand Program is a pilot program made possible by funding from the State of Minnesota. Read more about the creation and purpose of this grant round on Propel Nonprofits’ blog.
- ANEW BAM
- Cultural Diversity Resources
- discapacitados abriéndose caminos
- Dream of Wild Health
- Family Values for Life
- Green Card Voices
- Hispanic Advocacy and Community Empowerment through Research (HACER)
- Hnub Tshiab: Hmong Women Achieving Together
- Irreducible Grace Foundation (IGF)
- La Oportunidad, Inc.
- Lao Assistance Center of Minnesota (LACM)
- Mentoring Young Adults (MYA)
- Mewinzha Ondaadiziike Wiigaming
- Minnesota Indian Business Alliance (MNIBA)
- Minnesota Minority Childcare Association (MMCA)
- Northern Eagle Federal Credit Union (NEFCU)
- Public Functionary
- Somali American Community’s KALY 101.7 Somali Language Radio
- Somali Community Resettlement Services (SCRS)
- WE WIN Institute (WE WIN)
About Propel Nonprofits
On January 1, 2017, MAP for Nonprofits merged with Nonprofits Assistance Fund resulting in Propel Nonprofits, an organization that closely links strategy, governance, and finance to support nonprofits throughout their organizational lifecycle. Propel Nonprofits powers nonprofits, providing expert training, collaborative guidance, and financial resources to help Minnesota organizations fulfill their missions. www.propelnonprofits.org