Nonprofit finance may seem like a game you can only play once you know the rules and the secret handshake. In reality, once you know the conditions and terminology, you will realize how simple and essential it is to your work and the health of your organization.
This workshop is designed to make you more comfortable with nonprofit finance. At this workshop, you will walk through real nonprofit examples and reports that will help you understand jargon, accounting rules, roles and responsibilities, and procedures and policies. This workshop is right for you if you are new to the nonprofit sector, nonprofit finance, or your position as staff or board member. After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize key nonprofit finance terminology.
- Read key financial reports including the balance sheet, income statement, IRS 990, and audited financial statements.
- Understand the accounting rules governing restricted funds.
- Implement basic financial reporting and compliance processes.
- Clarify financial roles and responsibilities.
Take this workshop with Fundamentals of Budgeting for a comprehensive overview of nonprofit finance.